Vision, Mission, Objectives, and Principles
We believe that it is possible to develop a peaceful settlement to all violent socio-political conflicts in which the disputing parties feel safe and acknowledged with respect to their particular set of grievances; whether they be rooted in identity (historical, cultural, linguistic, religious) and/or ideology.
PRC’s mission is to provide knowledge, expertise and skills to support the peaceful settlement of violent conflicts, particularly in the Deep South of Thailand/Patani.
- Create and maintain inclusive space
- Connect and work with potential changemakers
- Gather, produce, and disseminate information that will support the peace process
- Multi-partiality – PRC works with conflicting and stakeholder groups with due regard for the interests of all parties.
- Academic Integrity – PRC strictly adheres to academic standards and ethics. Knowledge is sourced, referenced, and verifiable.
- Independence – PRC’s operations and decisions are independent. Oversight and advice are provided by a committee composed of representatives from PRC’s 8 founding organisations.